Please join us in praying for safe travels for all who are participating in Spring Term 2018 and for God to transform and change the lives of our students and all the people they come in contact with during Spring Term! Be sure to follow each team as they provide daily Spring Term blog updates, found [HERE]. Additionally, pictures and updates can be found on the NCCS Facebook page and you can follow NCCSEagles on Twitter.
NCCS junior Thomas Tucker had a great conversation with Head of School Todd Clingman as they covered many interesting topics - from the spirit of the school, to Todd's favorite band, to where NCCS is headed next. Sit back, relax and enjoy Episode 1 of Todd Talk with Thomas Tucker!. Sit back, relax and enjoy Episode 1 of Todd Talk with Thomas Tucker.
Download Our New Mobile App!
NCCS information is now at your fingertips with our new mobile app - available for Android and Apple devices. App features include:
- All calendars
- Just the Facts & Eagles E-news
- RenWeb Log-in
- Staff Directory (E-mail faculty & staff directly from the app!)
- Parent resources such as FACTS log-in & payment link, textbook lists, Uniform/appearance standards, Giving link, Spring Term payment link, Naviance & more!
- Reporting an absence by recording your message into your phone mic, typing a subject and hitting send - sending the message directly from the app to our attendance e-mail!
- Access to social media sites, NCCS videos, pictures, and much more!
We think you are going to love our app, so download it right away!
IMPORTANT TIP! When you download the app, be sure to allow location services and push notifications so you don't miss any school messages or alerts.
Android (Google Play) App download information found [HERE]
Apple App information found [HERE]
**Note for Apple device users - be sure to read the instructions on how to verify the Apple app, which is in their private app store.
Congratulations to seniors Adam Doughty and Gracie Johnson who tied for the honor to represent NCCS as our STAR students this year! Adam chose Upper School Math teacher Josh Speck as his STAR teacher and Gracie chose Upper School English teacher Amber Timms as her STAR teacher. We are so proud of Adam and Gracie!
NCCS is excited to announce a new Junior Kindergarten class starting in the 2018-2019 school year. This new class will provide a bridge between preschool and kindergarten for children who may need a little more time to develop a strong beginning foundation. Our Junior Kindergarten program is designed to ensure that all students have the skills and confidence they need to achieve their full potential the following year in kindergarten.
Young students are naturally curious and thrive in an engaging learning environment that fosters their innate sense of wonder. In light of this truth, our Junior Kindergarten provides rich, hands-on learning experiences for young students to actively investigate and discover God’s world. Our goal is to meet the developmental needs of these students by focusing on the whole child. Daily opportunities will be provided for students to grow intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
This new class is designed for:
- A young 5 (especially those with late spring & summer birthdays)
- NEW students who need transition time due to little to no school experience
- Our current students who need one extra year
- Students who come with different levels of exposure to school and life experiences
Junior Kindergarten provides:
- A strong foundation that focuses on the whole child
- Listening and Speaking skills
- Fine and Gross Motor skills
- Executive Functioning skills
- Critical Thinking skills
- Emotional Regulation/Maturity
- Confidence while enhancing Self Esteem
- Advanced skills in pre-academic areas
- Focus on strong number sense and early literacy
- Time to become accustomed to a classroom
- Time to learn how to play with others
- A full day, academic program
- A blend of play and academic structure
Teachers work with students to develop:
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Curiosity, not frustration
- Decision making
- Emotional regulation
- Collaborative activities
- Physical Development
- School readiness
Students are given:
- Gift of time to gain confidence
- More structure in a learning atmosphere
- Opportunity to dig deeper
- Time to develop mental and physical stamina to achieve tasks and access to maximum learning
- Stepping stones into the world of academics
- Focus on individual, small group and whole group learning
- Challenges to spark innovation
The NCCS Junior Kindergarten program will work to challenge and support students all within the context of a safe and caring learning environment. Enrichment is provided throughout the week in music, library, physical education, Spanish and weekly chapels. Our desire is to partner with parents to help each child develop into the child of God he/she is to become.
If you have questions about this new Junior Kindergarten class, please contact Wendy Titus, Lower School Principal