Did You Know?
It is through the grace and provision of God that has allowed the following to be achieved by North Cobb Christian School, its students, and faculty and staff.
Did You Know...
- North Cobb Christian School was founded in 1983 by four families, desiring an alternative to public education?
- North Cobb Christian School currently serves 850 students in 15 grade levels from K3 - 12th grade?
- The NCCS student body, faculty, and staff consists of members from over 110 local churches representing more than 20 denominations?
- NCCS students live in over 29 zip codes in 4 counties?
- NCCS is fully accredited by AdvancEd (formerly SACS) and the Association of Christian Schools International and we are Accredited with Quality by the Georgia Accrediting Commission?
- NCCS hosts more than 20 international students from 4 countries and 3 continents?
- The NCCS Campus has expanded from 16 acres to over 30 acres since 2007?
In the area of Academics:
- In the class of 2011, 17 of our seniors were recognized by the Marietta Daily Journal as a part of their Scholar/Athlete Team?
- One of our 2012 graduates was featured on 11Alive news for his work as a video game developer who has sold some of his games to Disney?
- A member of the NCCS class of 2012 developed and sold a product that uses solar energy to charge mobile devices?
- A 2009 NCCS graduate entered the University of Georgia as a sophomore because of all of the advance placement credits earned while attending NCCS?
- The NCCS class of 2011 was awarded $5.4MM in college scholarship funds?
- NCCS formed the Academies in the Upper School, allowing students to optionally choose a "major" in Business, Math/Science/Technology, The Arts, or Counseling/Ministry/Education?
- The NCCS 2011 Robotics Team finished in the top 3 among 26 public and private schools at the Southern Polytechnic University Robot Competition and the went on to compete in the South's BEST Robotics team?
- The NCCS Robotics Team has advanced to the South’s BEST Robotics competition in Auburn for the third year in a row?
- That all NCCS middle school students undergo Pathways testing that helps them understand their personality profile, spiritual gifts, and career interests?
- NCCS students score an average of 3 grade levels above the national average on the Stanford Achievement Test?
- Over 40 speakers participated in NCCS Career Day and over 60 colleges recruited at the 2012 NCCS College and Career Day?
- 8 NCCS students were nationally recognized for their "exceptional achievement" on AP exams?
- NCCS offers over 30 Advanced Placement and Honors courses?
- Every class at NCCS is taught from a Biblical Worldview?
- According to ACT benchmarks NCCS outranks Georgia and the nation in college preparedness by 20 to 30%?
- North Cobb Christian School consistently outranks Cobb County, Georgia, and the nation in SAT and ACT scores?
- In 2011 44 Upper School students took 62 AP Exams?
- In 2011 78% of NCCS students who took an AP Exam received college credit (compared to approximately 50% in public school)?
- One-third of the 7th grade class qualified for the prestigious Duke TIP program in 2011?
- NCCS Middle School students participated in the Future City Engineering competition that involves students from all over the state of Georgia?
- Two of our middle school science teachers have incorporated activities utilizing QR readers in their classrooms to help their students understand this technology?
- The Talon is a student-produced newspaper that comes out monthly chronicling exciting things taking place on our campus?
In the area of The Arts:
- The One Act Play cast & crew of Running Upstream are the school's first ever Georgia High School Association state team champions, with one actor being selected the Single-A State Best Actor and one actor being named to the All-Star Cast?
- The Concert Orchestra and Band has won the prestigious Shuler Hensley Award for Excellence in Musical Theatre 2 consecutive years?
- The NCCS Concert Orchestra earned first place at Southern Star Music Festival two years in a row and has earned consistent "Superior" ratings at all festivals over the past seven years?
- NCCS continues to support Honor Chorus and All-State vocal programs by continually auditioning and sending students to participate and perform?
- NCCS has won state championships in Boys and Girls Solo vocal competition as well as Region Championships in Girls Trio, Oral Interpretation, Argumentative Essay and Extemporaneous Speaking?
- The Upper School Mixed Chorus has been accepted into the Disney's Magic Music Days Showcase for the past three years and has also been the cover story for Disney On Stage magazine?
- The NCCS Symphonic Band performed at Disney World in Orlando, FL as part of Disney's Magic Music Days?
- An NCCS 6th grader took Best of Show honors in the ACSI art show competing against students of all ages?
- NCCS has qualified for the State Theatre competition 7 out of the last 13 years and has won one Championship?
- NCCS is home to the recipient of the 2011 GHSA Best Actor according to the Georgia Theatre Conference?
- NCCS is the only school in our region competing at the Georgia Theatre Conference, consistently placing in the top third of schools performing?
- The Middle School Orchestra has earned first place at Southern Star Music Festival two years in a row?
In the area of Athletics:
- NCCS fields 55 athletic teams in 15 different sports?
- Since the beginning of varsity athletic competition, the NCCS athletic teams have earned:
- 2 NACA National Championships in 2 different sports
- 10 State Championships in 4 different sports
- 16 State Final appearances in 6 different sports
- 24 State Final Four appearances in 8 different sports,
- 28 Regional Championships in 7 different sports?
- Over 75% of NCCS Middle and Upper School students participate on at least one athletics team each year?
- The 2010-2011 Varsity Boys Basketball team won the school's first-ever GHSA Region Championship and then repeated that title during the 2011-2012 season?
- NCCS earned its first-ever GHSA State Championship in the Long Jump at the 2011 GHSA "A" State Track Meet?
- The 2010-11 Middle School Swim team won the NAML Team Championship and the boys team took the NAML Boys Championship?
- NCCS varsity coaches have been named "Coach of the Year" at least 15 times since the year 2000?
In the area of Student Life:
- The NCCS Class of 2011 logged almost 10,000 hours of community service during their high school career?
- NCCS partners with the Horizon Special Needs field in Acworth to provide "buddies" for their baseball and kickball leagues?
- The NCCS Student Praise Team led worship for a FCA Fields of Faith event that included several local schools?
- NCCS sponsors over 10 extracurricular clubs including the Lego Club, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Chess Club, the National Honor Society, the Strategy Club, the Middle School Drama Club and the National Arts Honor Society?
- Every middle and upper school student at NCCS is a part of a small group made up of kids of their own grade level and gender that is led by one of our faculty or staff?
- Each NCCS small group completes one service project as a group every semester?
- Each year, all Middle and Upper School students and staff participate in over 16 different mission and educational programs around the world during the NCCS Spring Term?
- All NCCS students have the opportunity to participate in chapel on a weekly basis, helping them to grown in their spiritual development?