Middle School Etiquette Camp
Dates: June 10-13 (Monday-Thursday)
Time: 1-4pm Participants: boys and girls entering 5th-8th grade
Instructor: Ms. Evelyn Matthews, The Etiquette Company
Description: The four days will cover social skills, leadership skills, dining skills, and money management. One of our classes will be a field trip to eat at Dogwood Terrace restaurant in Acworth for approximately two hours consisting of a dining tutorial. The cost of the camp will cover all meal expenses including gratuity. Transportation to and from Dogwood Terrace will be provided by North Cobb Christian School. This program helps the student to learn practical strategies enabling them to act with ease and confidence on any level in the social and academic community. They will gain confidence and learn self-respect and respect for others. Some of the topics taught will be:
- Meeting and Greeting
- Correct Handshaking
- Eye Contact
- Introducing Yourself
- Introducing Others / forms of address
- Body Language
- Building a Confident Leadership Voice
- Cell phone and computer etiquette
- Thank you notes
- Public Speaking
- A dining tutorial at Dogwood Terrace teaching American and Continental style
- Host and Guest Duties
- Toasting (iced tea, soft drinks, water, celebrating a special occasion)
- Developing Style and Dressing for Self-respect
- Improving your overall image, looking confident/ and having our very own "fashion show"
The Etiquette Company will provide workbooks for each student and there will be interactive activities taught along with each subject. The price also includes the price of the meal, tax and gratuity.
Morning Care is not available for this camp
After Care is available from 4:00pm-6:00pm. When camp for the day is completed your child will be returned to After Care. The cost is $25 per week.
Late Pick-Up: Campers not picked up by 6:00 pm will be charged $1.00/minute in late fees; payable at time of pickup.