News + Events

Connor and Annie Hughes Commissioned as Missionaries to Scotland

We are always honored to share when one of our own at NCCS accepts the call to be a missionary and share the gospel of Christ -- whether in our own backyard or “across the pond.” Connor Hughes, our Assistant Director of Student Life, and his wife Annie are accepting that call. They will be joining Paul and Angela Richardson as they plant Take Hold Church in Edinburgh, Scotland. 

Take Hold Church is a church sent out by West Ridge Church and other local churches. We are sad to see them go, as Connor has had such a positive impact on our students and lacrosse program. However, we are excited to send them out to “live sent.”

The need is great in Scotland, with only 1% claiming that Christ is their Savior. That leaves 99% of the country in need of the hope of the gospel. Many of the youth in Scotland have never even set foot in a church. Connor and Annie are trusting God as they seek to share the “Good News” with this spiritually dark country. Their goal is to be fully funded in time to move to Edinburgh mid-October of this year. 

Please watch the video below to hear more from Connor and Annie about their call to Scotland.


Follow along with Connor and Annie’s journey through their personal e-newsletter here. If you feel led to join the mission by financially supporting Connor and Annie, you can click here for their giving page. Learn more about Take Hold Church here.

Connor and Annie, we are proud of you and praying for you! Thank you, Connor, for all that you've done to invest in our students. We love you!!

“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”

1 Timothy 6:12


Calendar Events

There are no events to display