Unity + Diversity
"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands..."
The purpose of the NCCS unity and diversity effort is to support the mission of the school, intentionally reflecting the biblical mandate to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, celebrating diversity, seeking equity, and fostering a culture of hospitality and belonging.
We strive to deepen our understanding, respect and love for others, while assessing and improving our programs and experiences, resulting in a beautifully diverse, biblically grounded community that is enriched and unhindered as we impact the world for Christ.
The Unity + Diversity Council at North Cobb Christian School does the important and critical work of ensuring that our school reflects God's gift of diversity for the world. As a school, we recognize that our community is much stronger as we embrace the richness found in the diversity of traditions, race, ethnicity, culture, heritage, experience and background of each individual.
The council is comprised of parents, faculty, staff, leadership, and board members. During regularly scheduled meetings, the council and subcommittees work through specific diversity goals and initiatives for our campus. Our desire is to be intentional in celebrating the differences that our Creator carefully knit together to form the family we call NCCS.
Four categories of focus for unity + diversity initiatives at NCCS:
- Teaching + Learning | Classrooms + curriculum, academics, field trips, and learning experiences.
- Student Experience | Arts, Athletics, Student Life, clubs, retreats, events, Spring Term, Advisory Groups, etc.
- Employee Experience | Recruiting + hiring, staff development, leadership, in-service opportunities, etc.
- Parent Experience + Engagement | Parent events, PTF, seminars, career day, parent volunteers, etc.
- Unity + Diversity Council Strategy Sessions
- Unity + Diversity through Student Life
- The Great Kindness Challenge
- Diversity Among Students, Faculty + Staff
- Cultural Heritage Days | Pedestal Foods
- Black History Bowl
- Black History Month
- Professional Learning
- International Student Program + Global Impact Team
- Multicultural Appreciation Lunch Group
North Cobb Christian School is an interdenominational Christian, college-preparatory day school for grades K3-12. We operate as an independent, self-governing non-profit organization. We believe that the very essence of a student’s Christian education is not only academic, but should include the integration of scripture and the application of biblical truth in every aspect of life.
- North Cobb Christian School admits students and considers employment applicants regardless of race, color, ethnic, or national origin who possess the motivation, ability, and character that would enable them to succeed in our school community to the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students, faculty, and staff at our school.
- NCCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic, or national origin in the administration of its educational policies, employment decisions, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.